ODM has immediate openings for sheet metal helpers.
Sheet Metal Helper
Sheet Metal Helper Description:
We are currently seeking a motivated and dependable Sheet Metal Helper to join our team. The Sheet Metal Helper will assist mechanics with fabrication, assembly, installation, and repairs of sheet metal products, ductwork and equipment. Please review the information listed below and submit an application.
- Helps set up tools and equipment
- Loads and unloads construction materials from trucks and into buildings
- Cleans work area and restocks supplies and materials as necessary
- Makes subassemblies and hangers as directed by mechanic
- Assists in lifting, positioning, and securing of materials and devices during installation
- Maintains good housekeeping and a safe work area
- Develops technical skills through our internal training programs and/or an Apprenticeship program
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 6 months construction or customer service experience and/or equivalent combination of vocational training and experience
- Knowledge of trade related hand tools
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screenings
- Must adhere to all company policy and procedures
- Must have reliable transportation
- Employee must be able to climb, bend, pull, reach, stand/walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- May work in varying temperatures; both inside and outside, including inclement weather, heat, humidity, cold and dampness
- May work in areas with exposure to moderate/ high noise levels
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including dust
- May be required to work in confined spaces or from high heights
- Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to correctly identify all colors of a color-coded cable/wires and see close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Additional benefits include 401K, Paid Holidays, Paid Birthday Off and Paid PTO.
Full Time position
Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Hourly: $15-$18/hr. Overtime after 40 (based on experience, negotiable)
Old Dominion Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, VA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Construction site: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: On the road