ODM has immediate openings for service electricians.
Service Electrician Description:
Old Dominion Mechanical has been in business since 2013. Our mission is to exceed our customer’s expectations while providing a long-lasting partnership. ODM is the leading provider of Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical and HVAC services. Our company values a strong collaborative team environment and strives for superior customer service both internally and externally.
We are currently seeking experienced Electrician to join our service team. Service Electricians will install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Assemble, install, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Performs other duties assigned
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety-minded and knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- Initiative; self-motivated (driven), self-starter.
- Knowledge of basic construction/shop math.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Positive attitude and willing to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Career-minded individuals who want to grow and develop with Old Dominion Mechanical.
- A reliable source of transportation to and from work.
- Three to five years of electrical experience in a commercial/ industrial environment
- Ability to follow electrical code manuals to install and repair electrical systems
- Must have satisfactory driving record, criminal record, and ability to pass a drug screening
- Requires overtime as needed
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Additional benefits including 401K, Paid Holidays, Paid Birthday Off and Paid PTO.
- Full Time, position based in Richmond, VA
Old Dominion Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-Time