ODM has an immediate opening for an office receptionist/admin.
Office Receptionist Description:
A Receptionist is the first point of contact for ODM. The receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. This job is designed to provide excellent customer service by welcoming guests and greeting people who visit the office. It also includes coordinating front-desk activities like distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. Not only does the position allow ODM to achieve organizational efficiency by being a strong and reliable support to company operations, and maintaining and creating procedures, but it will also nurture a pleasant work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversee the guest experience and ensure a personal, friendly experience for anyone coming into the office, and maintain complete accessibility in both availability and warmth of character
2. Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
3. Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/ email
4. Ensure the receptionist area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary material
5. Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/ deliveries
6. Ensure peak organizational operations and provide preventative measures by identifying issues
7. Implement established policies and procedures, measuring outcomes against standards, and improve operational flow when identified
8. Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the receptionist desk
9. Order office supplies and keep an inventory of stock
10. Update calendars and schedule meetings
11. Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
12. Coordinate internal and external resources, and cultivate relationships with vendors
13. Oversee office interactions, responding to requests and questions
14. Maintain office efficiency by maintaining the appearance of common areas, organizing procedures, handling correspondence, managing filing systems, and overseeing supplies and equipment
15. Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as needed
16. Have fun!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITIES
- Proven work experience as a receptionist/ office administrator or similar role
- Exceptional interpersonal and human relation skills that positively benefit interaction with internal and external clientele.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with technical, administrative, and support staff.
- Self-starter and self-motivated with a dedication to keep up to date technically and apply new knowledge to the job.
- Effective organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Customer service attitude.
- Good decision-making skills, with the ability to analyze information, evaluate results and implement the best solutions to solve problems or challenges.
- Ability to work autonomously and understand when a supervisor needs to be involved in decision-making.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ Years of experience
- Computer skills, with working knowledge of the primary Microsoft Office programs
- Able to sit at a desk comfortably while working at a computer, for extended periods of time
- Preferred familiarity with the commercial HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical industry