ODM has an immediate opening for a project solution engineer.
Project Solutions Engineer
Project Solution Engineer Description:
Lead sales role for design-build construction work serving General Contractor and service-based customer demands. Specific duties will include performing site surveys to evaluate mechanical, plumbing, & electrical systems for developing budgets and bid estimates, obtaining material/equipment and subcontractor bids, maintaining opportunity report log, reading plans & specifications, and coordinating job turnovers to operations.
Project Solution Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain a positive relationship with clients, subcontractors, and key vendors
- Analyzing requirement documents, blueprints and project plans to gain a thorough understanding of the project
- Attend necessary Prebid’s as well as internal meetings to manage expectations of clients and company goals.
- Perform field surveys to identify equipment, duct, and plumbing systems for design & estimation.
- Preparing labor and material estimates for the product or service requested.
- Determining what factors of production will influence the cost of a service or product
- Proactive monitoring of key metrics, schedules and assisting field team to support the timely execution and completion of the work within budget.
- Compiling and recording bid results/tabulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Field surveys for unit replacements, duct systems, piping layouts.
Coordinator Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related experience
- The ideal candidate should have 5 years of professional sales experience and 5 years of estimating experience.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record, criminal record, and ability to pass a drug screen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to climb a ladder, lift objects as necessary to perform field surveys and walk jobsites.
- Proficiency in mathematics, statistics, and data analysis
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Report writing and strategic planning skills
- Familiarity with FastEST estimating software
- Familiarity with analyzing requirement data to develop material and cost estimates for large projects
- Expertise with analytical tools, such as spreadsheets and database management
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents
- Exceptional time management skills
- May work in varying temperatures; both inside and outside, including inclement weather, heat, humidity, cold, and dampness
- May work in areas with exposure to moderate/ high noise levels
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including dust
- May be required to work in confined spaces or from high heights
- While performing duties of the job the employee may work aloft, climb, bend, pull, reach overhead, stand/ walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to correctly identify all colors of a color-coded cable/ wires and see close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Additional benefits including 401K, Paid Holidays, Paid Birthday Off, and Paid PTO.
- Full-Time position based in Richmond, VA
- Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Old Dominion Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Old Dominion Mechanical, LLC. values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, minorities, and veterans to apply. ODM is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, or military status.