ODM has immediate openings for project managers.
Project Manager Description:
Old Dominion Mechanical has been in business since 2013. Our mission is to exceed our customer’s expectations while providing a long-lasting partnership. ODM is the leading provider of Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, and HVAC services. Our company values a strong collaborative team environment and strives for superior customer service both internally and externally.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Project Manager to oversee all aspects of planning and implementing the delivery of our commercial/ industrial construction projects, including Mechanical, Plumbing, Sheet Metal, HVAC, Electrical and Welding, and our respective subcontractors. Project Managers are knowledgeable in the design and construction of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, and will be responsible for reviewing plans and specifications for design and constructability issues.
A successful ODM PM is a team leader and will stop at nothing to ensure a project meets its financial goals. Our PMs possess the soft skills required to work with unique personalities that are present in the construction environment and overcome the challenges common on large construction projects.
PMs hold quality in the highest regard, and will implement ODM’s quality program across all their projects.
Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain a positive relationship with internal project teams, our customers, subcontractors, and key vendors. Builds positive morale on the project site
- Coordinate with various internal departments such as pre-construction, sales, safety, purchasing as well as client personnel and others to:
-Develop and maintain a construction plan and schedule
-Scope out vendor quotes and purchase equipment and material
-Scope out subcontractors and issue subcontracts
-Provide guidance for scheduling fabrication, etc.
- Daily monitoring of key metrics (manpower, material/ equipment deliveries, etc.) and mentoring site leadership to support the timely execution and completion of the work within budget with no defects or accidents
- Prepare, monitor, and maintain project budgets, and report to senior management on key metrics
- Identify changes in scope, preparing to price, and submit potential change orders to customers
- When necessary, develop recovery plans to bring a project that is experiencing issues, such as issues with safety, quality, or production back on track
- Perform other duties as assigned
Coordinator Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 7-10 years project management experience and/ or equivalent combination of vocational training and experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to apply innovation and effective management techniques
- Must be a self-starter, be able to work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Must be able to pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen, and will be required to satisfactorily complete additional background as required (i.e. DMV, criminal history)
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Must be available to work assigned schedule and extended hours as needed including day, evening, and weekend
The work environment and physical demands required would be representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- May work in varying temperatures; both inside and outside, including inclement weather, heat, humidity, cold, and dampness
- May work in areas with exposure to moderate/ high noise levels
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including dust
- May be required to work in confined spaces or from high heights
- While performing duties of the job the employee may work aloft, climb, bend, pull, reach overhead, stand/ walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to correctly identify all colors of a color-coded cable/ wires and see close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Additional benefits including 401K, Paid Holidays, Paid Birthday Off, and Paid PTO.
- Full-Time position based in Richmond, VA
- Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Old Dominion Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer