ODM has an immediate opening for a plumbing superintendent.
Plumbing Superintendent Description:
A Plumbing Superintendent is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the crews on assigned commercial construction projects. Superintendents provide guidance and direction to crews in budgeting and scheduling. They are also responsible for ensuring quality and customer satisfaction is maintained at every project stage. Superintendents are expected to build strong relationships with clients, customers and vendors to cultivate a positive work environment.
- Supervises field crew, subcontractor and craft activities, including determining methods of construction, manpower levels, materials quantities equipment, mechanical and plumbing sources, scheduling, and documentation;
- Coordinates work of different crafts, company departments, and/or other contractors;
- Identifies and documents potential change orders;
- Builds and maintains a positive relationship with internal project teams, our customers, subcontractors, and key vendors;
- Conduct weekly safety meetings;
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate on-site functions;
- Perform material take-offs, ordering tools, materials and equipment in a timely fashion to maximize field productivity;
- Responsible for quality installation of plumbing activities;
- Responsible for production management including manufacturing and pre-fabrication activities;
- Responsible for management controls (i.e. schedules, cost control, procurement, and quality/ safety) monitor production, on-time delivery, and cost control;
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal and safety regulations;
- Acts as liaison with engineering, estimating, and projects teams, to ensure compliance with drawing, specifications, and scheduling is being met;
- Coordinates with other departments (i.e. Quality Control and Engineering) to ensure all required materials and equipment, inspections, and support craft activities;
- Resolves problems in a variety of construction issues, including productivity monitoring, craft compliance with project safety program requirements; documenting and implementing corrective action; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Seven years of commercial experience in field plumbing operations; or equivalent combination of vocational training and experience;
- Extensive knowledge of all plumbing system installation;
- Ability to successfully supervise large crews;
- Knowledge of other mechanical trade disciplines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Previous knowledge of man-hour reports, job cost reports, workforce planning and estimating;
- Advanced understanding of construction cost control, forecasting, and setting goals;
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, clients and colleagues;
- Ability to read, understand, and work from blueprints, specifications, and schematics;
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail, and demonstrate problem-solving skills;
- Must adhere to all company policy and procedures; and
- Must be able to pass post-offer pre-employment drug screening, and may be required to satisfactorily complete additional background checks as required (i.e. DMV, criminal history).
- The work environment and physical demands require would be representative of those that must by met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- May work in varying temperatures; both inside and outside, including inclement weather, heat, humidity, cold, and dampness;
- May work in areas with exposure to moderate/ high noise levels;
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including dust; and
- May be required to work in confined spaces or from high heights.
- This role routinely uses construction equipment such as heavy machinery, hand, and power tools;
- While performing duties of the job the employee may work aloft, climb, pull, bend, reach overhead, stand/walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50lbs.;
- Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms; and
- Must be able to correctly identify all colors or a color-coded cable/wires and see close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- 10 years experience in a heavy mechanical construction environment;
- Prior military experience; and
- HS diploma or GED equivalent.
How we are going to provide you an exceptional employment experience
- Health insurance
- PTO, paid holidays
- Paid day off for your birthday
- Uniforms, mobile phone/tablet
- Company vehicle
- Education reimbursement
- Opportunities for advancement
- Employee referral incentive
- Tool reimbursement program
Job Type: Full-time