ODM has immediate openings for electrical mechanics.
Electrical Mechanic Description:
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- Repairs or replaces wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools ad power tools
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of the system
- Uses a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps
- Assembles, installs, tests, and maintains electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Connects wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in the electrical field in a commercial/industrial environment; or equivalent combination of vocational training and experience
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written or oral instructions, show attention to detail, and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow electrical code manuals to install and repair electrical systems
- Must be able to pass post-offer pre-employment drug screening, and may be required to satisfactorily complete additional background checks as required (i.e. DMV, criminal history).
- Must adhere to all company policy and procedures
- The work environment and physical demands require would be representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- May work in varying temperatures; both inside and outside, including inclement weather, heat, humidity, cold, and dampness;
- May work in areas with exposure to moderate/ high noise levels;
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including dust; and
- May be required to work in confined spaces or from high heights.
- This role routinely uses construction equipment such as heavy machinery, hand and power tools;
- While performing duties of the job the employee may work aloft, climb, pull, bend, reach overhead, stand/walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50lbs.;
- Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms; and
- Must be able to correctly identify all colors or a color-coded cable/wires and see close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Journeyman’s license;
- Prior military experience; and
- HS diploma or GED equivalent.
How we are going to provide you an exceptional employment experience
- Health insurance
- PTO, paid holidays
- Paid day off for your birthday
- Uniforms, mobile phone/tablet
- Company vehicle
- Education reimbursement
- Opportunities for advancement
- Employee referral incentive
- Tool reimbursement program
Job Type: Full-time